If you are looking for a career in the field of project management, Project Management Institute (PMI) is your go-to institute. It is an international institute that offers certifications of different levels in project management based on your capabilities and experience. Your qualifications as a project manager affect your future opportunities and these certifications can open up new avenues for you. PMI is accepted as the apex body for certifications and regulations for project managers worldwide.
Both Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) and Project Management Professional (PMP) are considered essential qualifications for any project manager to have to build a stable and smooth career in the profession. CAPM certification gives you an early boost at the start of your career while PMP nudges you past the threshold into the realm of true titans of the profession. Both these certifications carry immense value by the virtue of them being issued by the PMI.
Check your PMP eligibility:
Check the eligibility conditions given below to know whether you are eligible for the PMP exam prep.
- Candidates are required to be either holder of a bachelor’s degree or a high school diploma
- Candidates holding a bachelor’s degree are required to provide proof of 3 years of work experience and 4500 hours as in charge and director of projects.
- Candidates holding a high school diploma are required to provide proof of 5 years of work experience and 7500 hours as in charge and director of projects.
- Candidates must have a complete and thorough understanding of the PMBoK (Project Management body of knowledge) with a 35-hour study program necessary to be completed.
Check your CAPM eligibility:
Check the eligibility conditions given below to know whether you are eligible for the CAPM certification.
- A high school diploma.
- You should at least have 1500 hours of work experience as a project manager.
- There are no restrictions as to the number of years in the profession.
- You must have completed 23-hours of CAPM study session.