If you dream of becoming a highly successful project manager, you definitely must aim to get certified with the PMP certification, which is one of the most renowned as well as the most advanced certification in the field of project management. Additionally, it is regulated under PMI, which is one of the best project management institutes and all its certifications are accepted by a majority of international firms. If you wish to know more details about his advanced PMI certification, you should thoroughly go through the details that have been mentioned down below.
Know your eligibility for the PMP Certification:
If you really wish to gain the PMP certification, you need to first become eligible to appear for the PMP exam. If you succeed in fulfilling either one of the below-mentioned requirements, you can appear for the certification exam.
- If you hold a high school diploma, you will need to have at least 5 years of professional work experience and gain at least 7500 hours of working. You would also need to complete 35 hours of mandatory PMP prep.
- If you hold a 4-year degree certification or an even higher educational qualification, you would need at least 3 years of professional experience, combined with a minimum of 4500 hours of working. You would also be required to complete the 35 hours of mandatory PMP prep.
Boost your Preparation for the PMP Certification Exam:
- First and foremost, you should carefully go through the content course for the PMP exam that has been introduced by PMI. Also, make sure that you get only the latest content course, that too from an official source.
- You should also try to take as many mock exams as possible before you finally decide to take down your final certification exam. It will allow you to have a better understanding of the certification exam and also allow you to become better at time management.
- You should also have a good enough grasp of the guidelines and standards that have been mentioned in the PMBok knowledge guide to have better chances of clearing the exam.
If you do not see yourself eligible for the advanced PMP certification by PMI, you can also target to get certified with the CAPM course for now. CAPM is also regulated under PMI, however; it is not mandatory to hold any kind of professional experience to appear for this certification exam.