Surviving in the field of project management as well as business analysis for the long run can quite be a big challenge. If you are a highly experienced project manager, the certification that you can aim for, in order to boost your career is the PMP certification course Similarly, the most advanced business analyst certification that one can aim for is the CCBA certification. Below mentioned are further details about both these advanced level professional certification courses.
Details about PMP Certification Course:
The PMP certification is regulated under the Project Management Institute, which is known to be regulating some of the best certifications in the field of project management. However, if you wish to get certified with the PMP certification, you would need to clear its certification exam, eligibility criteria for which have been provided below:
- To be eligible for the PMP certification exam, it is required for each and every high school diploma holder to have gained a minimum of 5 years of work experience with at least 7500 hours of working as a project manager. The applicants for the PMP certification course who have a degree or a higher qualification can appear for the exam only after 3 years of work experience in addition to a minimum of 4500 hours of working as a project manager.
- All the applicants for the PMP certification exam are also required to complete the mandatory 35 hours of formal PMP training.
Details about CCBA Certification Course:
CCBA is regulated under the International Institute of Business Analysis. This certification is one of the most advanced ones in the field of business analysis and you can only apply for the same if you fulfill all the below-mentioned requirements:
- You must hold at least 3750 hours of professional business analyst experience, which must be gained over the past 7 years.
- Within these 3750 hours of professional experience, it is also mandatory to have completed at least 900 hours each, in either 2, or 500 hours each, in either 4 of the BABok knowledge guide areas.
- Apart from that, all the applicants also need to have gained at least 21 hours of professional development over the past 4 years.
A less advanced alternative for the PMP certification course is the CAPM certification, which is also regulated by PMI. An IIBA alternative for the CCBA certification is the ECBA certification.